View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #33
iggyntangs
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Home Assistant is the king in terms of features and compatibility with other systems, including Control4. It takes a bit more setup as you have to configure your own server, which can be something simple like a Raspberri Pi, but once it's up and running you can do pretty much whatever you want with it. The two areas of limitations I've found is that if you want to integrate Google stuff you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get all the permissions setup, I just use the Google Home app to control my thermostat instead of Home Assistant. And 2nd, your camera integrations within HA will vary wildly depending on the type of cameras you get. Google will require a lot of extra work as mentioned, Ring is supported but with limited functionality, Arlo is fully supported, Wyze has no official support but there is a user made mod that allows some functions
This is what my research found as well that HA would be great. That being said, I'm quite iliterate to do what I'm reading is required to set this up. a server and the idea of 'jumping through hoops' and having to go thru mods is daunting.

I guess my next dumb question would be IF I were to go down this route, are there services in Calgary as to someone who would set this up for me? I'm more than happy to look into and provide the equipment and guidance and all.
iggyntangs is offline   Reply With Quote