View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 06:35 AM   #656
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Phil Dunster (Jamie) is 31; Jamie is supposed to be ~26.
Brett Goldstein (Roy) is 42; Roy is supposed to be ~40.
Leanne Best (Jamie's mum) is 43; Jamie's mum is... probably supposed to be 45ish?
Agreed they probably should have found someone older. Felt very strange. Although her being a young mother also plays into that relationship. I think without knowing the REAL extent of who Jamie's dad was it's hard to empathize with them. Sure we know he's an ass, but we don't really know the extent of his abuse towards them.

Season's been up and down for me. Nate's whole arc has been strange, rushed, and IMO not believable. Ted has been absent, other than the episode with his ex dating their marriage therapist, ALSO very strange. Keely's side story with Jack was pretty meh, although I did like them flipping the script on the power abuse angle with a woman doing it to another woman. Roy's and Jamie's relationship has been the best part of it, particularly Jamie's change which feels the most natural of all the characters. Probably because it's been happening for all 3 seasons. The rest feel like a rush to get somewhere.