View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #26
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Absolutely ridiculous. Posted this in the other thread but this is right off Nenshi's campaign website:

Quote:
A new arena - I support a new arena, and certainly there is enormous benefit in having a NHL team and an arena in the downtown core, but it has to be the right deal for Calgarians - a made-in-Calgary solution that meets our unique needs during this fragile economic recovery. Built north of the Saddledome, in the heart of Victoria Park, a new arena could host sporting events and concerts throughout the year. I believe that we can develop a win/win funding model that works for both the taxpayer and CSEC (the owners of the Flames). The funding model must be based on the principle of public benefit for public money. The City will never walk away from the table and I will work hard to reach the right deal.
http://www.nenshi.ca/district

Quote:
Eric Francis‏#@EricFrancis 3m
3 minutes ago
Bettman: "At some point there will be consequences that will have to be dealt with."
My eyes can't roll any harder or they'll fall out of their sockets. But remember, we're not going to threaten to leave guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post: