View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 03:42 PM   #12
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
100% of the problems people have with children could be solved by not having them. Suing a video game company for making a game that makes you want to play it!? Effing water is too wet! CALL THE POLICE!!!
I have no issues with the game developers up until the micro/in-game transaction systems that now pollute every new title. That and releasing broken games.

Even though 50 is closer to me than 40, I still spend 3-4 nights a week chasing overkills and exterminations in the Halo series on the Master Chief collection, but refuse to pay for a game (usually an incomplete one) and then keep paying as I go to get any cool stuff. Halo 2, 3 and 4 multiplayer scratches the itch for me. I'm still dominant at it, and all it costs is my standard Xbox live membership.

And I think this needs to be addressed. Little Billy doesn't realize or isn't responsible enough to care that he just loaded up $80 bucks on moms credit card to get a cool new dance move or a weapon skin.

Even though I am the most casual of gamers now, it blows me away that the hardcore gamers haven't fought harder to boycott these in game economies, and bring it back to its roots. You pay for the game once, and you earn your way through it with skill.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: