Old 01-23-2022, 03:57 AM   #2524
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
It's from The Room, which has built up quite a cult following for being one of the best bad movies of all time, with some very quotable lines that were delivered terribly. "Oh hi, Mark" being the more popular of them.. So people tend to go over the top about it. Tommy Wiseau has leaned into it, trying to make money off of it whenever he can.

Also banger is good. While it can refer to other things, it most specifically refers to songs. "Bad Hair Day by Weird Al is all bangers!"
People that enjoyed the awfulness of the Room and the subsequent Disaster Artist based on it need to check out Wiseau's encore production, a 2 part film again co-starring Greg Sestero: Best F(r)iends Vol. 1 & 2

Don't ask me the reasoning for the brackets, I don't know.

There are some great & equally stupid moments in it and the best part is that it looks like Wiseau learned, like, #### ALL from his first film being a laughing stock for almost two decades and brings possibly worse acting and writing to this one.

The script is almost as incredible and bad, and the budget is bigger.

Again Tommy is supposed to play the protagonist and again he's a #####y character who you would never root for and can't seem to form a real sentence. And the friendship between the characters is actually terrible and comes across as entirely projected by Wiseaus character. Its really something.

Here's the trailer:
(I love that they give it an art house sort of aesthetic too lol)

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-23-2022 at 04:04 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote