View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 07:20 PM   #191
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would argue the second it escalated beyond a peaceful display of 1st amendment rights, and became a riot, it was no longer legal. At that point people should have engaged their heads and got the hell out of there. Especially the ones with guns - both Rittenhouse and Grosskreutz. Nothing good can come from having guns in a chaotic environment.

I'm pro 2nd amendment and gun ownership. But I believe there is a responsibility and limitations on what you can do with weapons. I believe you can have them for personal protection, but only sidearms. That should extend only to your home, or only to individuals who are CCW holders and have been through the mandatory classroom and field training/qualification shoot. If you are a CCW holder you are programmed to really think long and hard about pulling your weapon, and you understand the weight of the outcomes for unholstering your sidearm. Long rifles should never be allowed for personal protection as the power of the round is not meant to incapacitate, but only kill. And once that round is down range you have no idea how many soft targets it will go through until it hits something solid to remove the expended energy of the discharge. AR-15/AR-10s are killing machines. They have no purpose other than on the practice range, or on the field of war.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: