View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #55
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tim Sweeney. He scored 97 points in his first year on the farm team. Smallish but we had Fleury so I wasn't worried about small guys being able to make the team. I loved the Kid Line he was put on for a few games with Reichel and Matteau. Two other guys I was looking forward to seeing develop as Flames. I though Sweeney was going to be the best of the three. I guess not.

Cory Lyons. I saw a lot of him with the Lethbridge Hurricanes. The guy had a booming cannon. He kinda reminded me of Brett Hull. He could come down the wing and release that shot like no other. Unfortunately his skating and conditioning were nowhere near good enough to get him to the NHL. Lyons and Wes Walz were exciting duo here in Lethbridge. I was excited when the Flames acquired Walz.

Chris Dingman and Marty Murray. Linemates for Brandon. They always scored a lot on Lethbridge. Nobody could get the puck away from Dingman and Marty Murray was super slick. When they drafted them both in back to back years I was hopeful that they would play together on a line in Calgary for years to come.

Chuck Kobasew scored all those goals in pre-season and I thought we had another good goal scored in the system. He had decent wheels too. I used my last pick in my hockey pool every year on him because I was sure he was going to breakout. Got some autographed stuff from him because he golfed in the summers with my wife's co-workers brother in Kelowna.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: