View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #23
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
We haven't met Nobuo Uematsu but he's a giant in the space of course.

WTF even is this thread? You people are terrible at this. Uematsu is the alpha and omega of video game music. I came in here fully assuming that, like, fifteen or twenty tracks would have been posted by this point from various FF's and that I'd have to tack on a couple from Chrono Trigger before moving on to run down the top ten Sonic the Hedgehog themes from the Genesis run (which I note, incidentally, are also conspicuously absent here). Instead, there's a sort of offhand mention of the greatest game music composer ever at the tail end of a post and a video link to maybe the tenth best song in his fifth best game, music wise? Good lord. Here, this is at least a crash course in Final Fantasy.

You all disappoint me to no end.

Anyway, I'd have said without a doubt that the game with the best score ever is still FF6, until I played Nier:Automata this year. Now I'm torn. I think Nier has the best music, I don't know if it takes the mantle for score - the difference being that Nier uses four different versions of every track in the game to suit different atmospheres so there's no way you could get anything close to the musical experience of playing the game from listening to a soundtrack. But here, nonetheless, is the live concert version of most of the songs.

... And I still didn't even talk about Sonic. Seriously, guys, get it together. Yeesh.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote