View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 09:17 AM   #5299
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
Thanks for that info! One thing that intrigues me about ZipAir is that you can book a one-way flight for approximately half the cost of a round trip which is rare for overseas (usually one-way is more expensive for some reason). The reason this is key is that if I only had, say, 70,000 Alaska miles, I could book one way on Japan Airlines via Alaska and book the other way on ZipAir, whichever direction is cheapest.
Yes, WestJet also does that with their overseas flights to Europe, and to Seoul and Tokyo. (With WestJet, it's not quite to the same degree as ZipAir, where every flight is about 50% of the one way price).

One way to Tokyo: https://www.google.ca/travel/flights...C&tfu=EgIIASIA
^^ mid $500s in September, October, November

One way to Seoul: https://www.google.ca/travel/flights...g&tfu=EgIIASIA
^^ mid $500s in August, September, October

Contrast that with other carriers like Air Canada, where a one way to Tokyo or Seoul is $1200-$1500+ on *every* date in the calendar.

Incidentally, someone asked about experiences with ZipAir this morning in the YVR Deals Facebook Group, here are the replies so far:

Quote:
Flew into Japan on Zip air on March 18 and was pleasantly surprised with the roominess in the seats and how clean it was. Staff on board were friendly and helpful.
Quote:
Be sure to bring your own flight entertainment, there are no screens, so if you’d like to watch a movie or tv show, download it into your device. Wifi didn’t work for me, only to order drinks and food.
Quote:
Would bring own snacks and food unless you want to buy food onboard during the flight.
Quote:
Would fly with zip air again!
Quote:
Flew on their inaugural flight from YVR to NRT, and just got back to YVR after a 2 week trip. Everything went smoothly! Would happily fly with them again in the future.
Quote:
Inflight wi-fi was spotty, don't count on it
Quote:
Couldnt believe how clean the plane was. Flying back to YVR saturday the 30th.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post: