View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Isn't that why the selling agent has a sign with their number on it in front of the house (for you to call them to set up a viewing)?
Yes, they want you to do that so they get both sides of the commission. You're almost always better off getting your own realtor who will negotiate on your behalf only. It doesn't cost you anything extra, since the seller will pay their realtor a full commission anyway, and that realtor will split it with your realtor.

Also, it sounds like that realtor is terrible, I'd get someone different ASAP. If someone isn't listening to what you want, why would you pay them thousands in commissions to find it for you. As with professionals in general, you should find someone who has actually used the person recently, not take recommendations about a friend/family member "who is really, really good."

Basically, get a couple of recommendations from people you trust, and interview a couple of realtors. Go with whoever seems to understand what you want the best. If I was looking for a new realtor I'd put Travis on the list to interview, since he seems pretty responsive to his clients.

You should find someone good and have them set you up with a search for properties in the neighbourhoods/price range you want. If a realtor doesn't offer direct emails of this, they're doing a bad job, imo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: