View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #939
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I was under the impression that AEW was going to tour for their weekly show, but not do a ton of live events.

Where if you're on Raw, you show up to Raw, then the rest of the week are Live Events. AEW isn't going to focus on the live events.

I could be misremebering, but I think that model works as fans across the country get to see the product and be part of the tv tapings, yet you aren't burning out talent.

Its possible, I don't know, the shame of it is that live events have always been great. Since the live event results don't really "Count" you see some spontaneity and craziness that you don't see on regular TV. They showed a video recently of a WWE live event where Dean errr Moxley sold being knocked out by laying in the ring for about an hour after the show ended while the crew was ripping down the ring. I like that kind of stuff. I remember going to a WWF card where they did a chase between heels running away from faces, and the heels were all screaming like little girls it was hilarious.

At the end of the day though, house shows used to be extremely profitable before the days of downside guarantees because you would stack the house and the wrestlers would get paid a share, but you used to make huge money on a single house show as the promotion. Now its not the case with declining house show numbers.

If they. the WWE and AEW and TNA and others want to protect the wrestlers bodies and their careers they should cut down to minimal live shows, but the wrestlers will have to take less on their downside guarantees to do it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote