View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #36
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I like anything that cuts down on stoppages. The two biggest reasons I switch away from a non-Flames hockey game is multiple icings in a short period of time or multiple goalie covers in a short period of time.

Those are too often game over for me in a declining love of watching hockey.
I disagree. There is already a rule on the books for this, and if the referees would stop being cowards and simply call it as written, it would go much further to resolving the issue:

Quote:
67.3 Minor Penalty – Goalkeeper - A goalkeeper who holds the puck with his hands for longer than three seconds shall be given a minor penalty unless he is actually being checked by an opponent. The object of this entire rule is to keep the puck in play continuously and any action taken by the goalkeeper which causes an unnecessary stoppage must be penalized without warning.

A goalkeeper shall be assessed a minor penalty when he deliberately holds the puck in any manner which, in the opinion of the Referee, causes an unnecessary stoppage of play.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote