View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #925
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jesus Christ, that's genuinely fortunate that we're not talking about a paralyzed or dead wrestler after watching that. Look wrestling in Japan in notoriously stiff and hard or strong. But that was just outright dangerous.

When you read a lot of wrestler's biographies they talk about working Stiff matches but they can count on their opponents not to be dangerous or sloppy or uncaring.

What I have seen a lot of lately is that Wrestlers and especially new ones are a lot more dangerous then they used to be because they want to make it look more believable or strong style.

In the 90's when Hardcore wrestling and backyard wrestling styles really took off there was a concern that fans were becoming more and more blood thirsty and someone was going to die doing something stupid to win over the crowd. Now because fans seems to want a more believable style of wrestling or a wrestling MMA hybrid we're seeing more open stiff punches and kicks and even in some matches submission holds that are one wrong application from serious injuries.

BTW that Driver at 3:18 was crazy sloppy dangerous as well.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote