View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #37
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futzee View Post
Can we start some list/petition to make it clear to the Flames that we won't buy tickets if they do a new stadium and jack up prices (especially if taxpayers are involved in any way).

I like the dome, I like old school stadiums, I like affordable tickets. They big money is all in TV deals and selling ads and all that crap anyway isn't it? - Anyone know the actual figures of avg team revenue that is ticket sales vs everything else?

I also don't want one penny of my tax dollars to billionaires getting a fancy new stadium so they can charge us more for tickets. Gross.
New stadiums (and the increased revenue that goes with them) are required for teams to stay competitive with the larger markets.

Yes ticket prices will go up, but so with the demand. If the demand wasn't there, ticket prices could not increase.

Yes this prices many people out of attending, but that's the downside of supply and demand. Many people are already priced out.

You can't expect that the owners (or any business for that matter) will embark on a strategy which is designed to decrease revenue or keep it static.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote