Thread: 2019 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #34
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Even drivers who are hired at the top level based on their talent and results at the lower levels more often than not have had huge amounts of money spent on their careers.

Stating this as fact is not complaining about it either. I race locally and I know what it takes. I've been involved with the Pinty's series as well. Talent and hard work pay off but to really make it you have to race more than weekends 8 nights a year.

F1 drivers are athletes who work hard training etc. There is skill that has been developed and you have to be able to hold your own to be on the grid. You can't take that away from them. The money factor is no different than the kid who has to play house league while another gets to play on club teams year round. Money is a factor in most sports. To be upset about it just makes you the victim, to understand it gives you realistic expectations and the tools to find a way to make it work for you.

I would say 40% or more of the work I do on my race team is sponsor related. It would be more if I didn't have to do all the maintenance myself! Once you have the money behind you then you get to learn how to set-up and race.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote