View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 06:01 PM   #719
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Bumped

Thanks for the bump! I am wondering what time frame you are looking at booking for cleaning? I have noticed a significant increase in dust in the house recently and didn't think my furnace was performing well during the cold snap in December/January. It was also extremely cold and the furnace was working hard.

I never use the 3M filters but have used filters that are a have a lower MERV rating like 5, 6 etc. Are those that bad? I switched to the cheapest filters now and have noticed the dust is incredible in the house.

A recent furnace inspection indicated that the furnace was clean and in good working order, he indicated that the filter I had (cheapest available) wasn't very good and that I needed to make an adjustment to the humidifier to prevent dust circulating in the house. He didn't specify anything on what to do.

Bottom line, outside of vent cleaning, any harm in going to a higher grade filter with MERV rating of 5, 6, 7 etc? Anything you can recommend for humidifier and also when we may be looking at for a spring clean? How often should we have our ducts cleaned?

Thanks!
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote