View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #894
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Jay Feaster did one thing right, it was winning over Jane Gaudreau and the Gaudreau family.

Quote:
I remember the day when John was drafted by the Flames. He was playing in a AAA hockey summer tournament with all of his friends that my husband runs every year. Someone ran over to the bench and said something to Guy (who was coaching). All the kids started banging their sticks on the ice. I was in the bleachers, at the other end, thinking “what is going on?” Guy yelled over to me to tell me John was drafted. I said "where?" and he yelled out "Calgary." Again, I said "where?" and he repeated "Calgary." I didn’t know much about Calgary other than the Olympics were there and it was very far away. I immediately started to cry. One of the other mothers came over and said, "oh my gosh, you’re crying … you must be so happy!" I said "no, I’m crying because it’s so far away!"

I didn’t exactly know where Calgary was but I did know it wasn’t near any of the other Canadian cities where we played youth hockey, like Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa. Immediately, I looked it up on my phone and saw it was 2,363 miles away. I was so upset.

A couple of days after the Draft, the biggest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen in my life was delivered to our house. They were from Jay Feaster, who was the Flames’ general manager at the time, and card attached that read, "Jane, welcome to the Flames family. PS: Calgary isn’t that far away." I don’t know how Mr. Feaster knew I was so upset but that gesture meant so much to me.
https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/for-...dreau/c-881959

Jane and Guy Gaudreau are hockey royalty in this city and deserve to be with how they’ve embraced the city and Johnny playing here.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post: