View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #892
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
I think Johnny re-signing here is just a formality at this point and it will happen. I get the impression that his family is happy and proud of what he has achieved in Calgary and why wouldn't they. It's a good situation here for him plus it's relatively close to home for him, a quick flight.

He's done a lot for himself and the Flames are his team at this point. Sure he may be able to get a bit more money elsewhere but what about everything else including playoff success and winning a cup? I don't see Johnny abandoning that considering everything else he's achieved and overcome, why would he stop there and just go to another team for a bit more money? I just don't see it.
I don’t think he will get more money from another team. Tre knows he has to pay top dollar for Johnny. With most 1st line players having nmc and Calgary on the list it’s not easy to make a trade for one. If a ufa of Johnny’s caliber comes up there is very little chance they would entertain offers from the flames other than trying to use them to get more money from another team. Johnny says he wants to stay and I doubt Tre is going to find many of those on the market. In my opinion the only reason Johnny hasn’t signed yet is that he’s making sure that flames will be a winning upper echelon team for years to come. Don’t forget Sutter is only signed for next season and might just go back to farm after that. Also the flames prospect pool isn’t exactly flush with blue chip talent coming up the ranks. I know some posters don’t think not having a new arena is a big deal but I think it definitely plays into it. I was on the side that they either should have traded him or signed before his nmc kicked in . Now that it’s gone I’m all aboard the sign Johnny train. Can’t lose him for nothing .
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote