View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 09:23 AM   #883
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Reasonably sure Gaudreau’s wife knew he played for the Calgary Flames, and yet she still married him!

The narrative that Gaudreau’s wife will pull him away from Calgary flies in the face of what his public comments were last summer. Keep in mind, he didn’t have to say anything when asked about resigning. He could have said a number of things that skirted the issue but instead he specifically said he would like to stay if the organization was happy with what he has brought to the team. I doubt very much he would publicly say he would like to stay without having that conversation with his wife.
I'm not putting much into words said. Everything has been very general. Once the contract is over and the offers roll in, all that is out the window. And yes his wife knew he played here but she also knows he no longer has to in a few months as well. For all I know she loves Calgary and thinks this is an ideal place to start a family. Or maybe both are saying it would be nice to be closer to the east coast. I'm just saying this is a blank slate for him and her and I'm sure they will consider all options. And every option will likely have pros and cons. The fact there will be options makes me think it's a coin flip he comes back.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote