Thread: Music of 2017
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #179
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wonder if Grant's illness was the impetus to finally get a reissue done. Although I'm very happy about this release, I would much rather have Grant healthy and continuing to make music.

I saw Grant Hart do a solo show at the Hi-Fi Club in 2005. When I arrived, Grant Hart was standing near the front door casually smoking a cigarette. People were walking in and out of the club but nobody appeared to notice Grant. As soon as I saw him, I kicked myself for not bringing a Husker Du or Nova Mob album for him to sign. I said hi to him and made stupid small talk and told him I was a big fan. I was super awkward. But he was very warm and friendly to me.

It was a great show. Lorrie Matheson was one of the openers, and The May Kings was the other opener. One performed a Husker cover, and the other performed a Nova Mob cover.

I also remember it was one of those shows where there was alot of loud chit chat coming from the bar area. I remember being really annoyed by it as it was distracting me from the show. I will never understand why people will pay good money to see an artist and then spend the whole show ignoring the artist.

I wish Grant all the best.

snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snootchiebootchies For This Useful Post: