View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #1302
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I'm not sure I buy the introverted thing, or that it means less likely to sexually entitled. The pop music business is extraordinarily competitive, and you have to be an ambitious bastard to make it to the top. When that type of ambition is fulfilled, it often inspires monstrous entitlement and narcissism.

Jimmy Page was an introvert. He also kept a 14 year old as a virtual sex slave, until fellow introvert David Bowie stole her away for drug-fueled fun. George Harrison had sex with house guests while his wife was down the hall (he also slept with Ringo's wife). Boy George chained up and beat a guy who came to his place for a photo shoot. Introvert Marilyn Manson rubbed his junk in the face of a security guard. Introvert Bill Wyman married an 18 year he had been 'dating' since she was 14.

And this is just stuff we know about publicly, without any Me Too revelations.
Yeah this stuff definitely goes on in the music business.

I think the difference here is that for the most part, in the music industry most of the sex related things that happen, happen between working musicians, and fans/general public.

There isn't the power dynamic there where young women are forced to work in these uncomfortable situations. Most of the sex stuff in the music industry happens because the fans/groupies are choosing to be in these situations as well. They have the choice to be there with the musicians, and are free to leave. Not the same if you are an employee. You don't have the choice to leave if you want to keep your job.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post: