View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 01:23 AM   #487
nemanja2306
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
To me, that's still young as all of these players have room to improve parts of their game and gain more experience, so we'll agree to disagree. But when you end up your summarizing of the team with "I just know the wheels are going to come off at some point soon" it just shows me you're going to look at everything with the glass half empty.

They're playing well right now. Probably the best they have all year. And yet the game thread was a train-wreck last night and we still had a handful of very vocal posters last night pointing to us "almost blowing it" in this thread.

I just don't get it. If a fan can see them playing well, watch a good exciting game last night that showed a ton of grit and character and only come away with "well it's not going to last"... it's just puzzling to me.

Regarding the coach(ing), I never mentioned him once in the posts you've quoted, yet you've used it as a springboard to equate everything back to that twice now. It's another negative narrative that's seeing the drum be worn out from all the repetitive beating.
Perhaps, but Flames had stretches of really good play both last and this year. And just when you (I) get excited, they have an awful stretch of games. Rinse and repeat. After a while, you get a sense of what is going to happen. That's what I meant. I hope it's not the case this time.

As for the second bold, I know you didn't mention coaching and perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it in the context of this discussion, but I was just elaborating my opinion of the coach. It's not like i dislike GG for no apparent. reason.
nemanja2306 is offline   Reply With Quote