View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #210
Inferno099
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffporfirio View Post
For those with sprinkler systems, how much are you watering your lawn, as in times per week and minutes/zone?
Note all below is my opinion I am not an expert nor do I know anything (so take my thoughts with grain salt) compared to my wife & her green thumb.

We use Weedman - for the weed & fertilization & aerated last fall.

Auto sprinkler - Pretty much following the 60 minutes per week (3 x 20 or 4 x 15 minutes) & normally do this in the early morning.

Area we are seeing this though is our front yard - getting the morning & early afternoon sun (facing east mainly & south)
Great in the winter to melt the snow during Chinooks, but can definitely tell the front gets much hotter sun than the backyard - which is completely green - no issues in back with those few dead patches.

The main difference this year compared to last & all prior years is I forgot to rake the dead thatch in the spring.

We did have an aphid infestation this year though which took over one 7 yr old bush completely (we tried various treatments, but it almost seemed when we treated the bush - the aphids actually came back worse.)
We've finally noticed the lady bugs & their larvae are finally reproducing the past 2 weeks or so. The lack of these earlier on in the spring / early summer could also be part of reason of the over infestations of aphids earlier this year's growing season.

That being said I do not think aphids are reason for this brown patches, nor the voles we've seen in a few prior years that tore up the back yard in the past.
Inferno099 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno099 For This Useful Post: