View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 11:35 AM   #3625
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I guess the Bauer personality can be polarizing. All of us have worked with people who say me and I to everything. It’s all about them. To some personalities it’s nothing but to some it can be super annoying. I’m on the side that it comes across as their show and everyone else is in it. Right or wrong. Others have a thicker skin. When Stroman was doing more or less it rubbed a lot of us the wrong way. Not from a baseball traditional standpoint because I don’t care. But from a human standpoint that he should just shut up and pitch. Keep the emotion but quit the me me me. Bauer I feel the same way.
I guess for me I never seen either Bauer or Stroman as putting themselves ahead of the team. I think both players need to play with a chip on their shoulder to be at their best.

Baseball is a lot more of an individual sport than say hockey, and it's especially true for starting pitchers.

I just think those two pitchers just have a me vs the world mentality to give them a competitive edge, not to put themselves ahead of the team.

That's the way I read it, but I can see where you are coming from.
JTech780 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JTech780 For This Useful Post: