View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #60
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Go on?
Well, perhaps scam is too strong of a word. It’s illegal to not have some form of auto insurance and most people aren’t willing to risk not having home insurance and yet you hear of people’s claims being denied for technicalities or because an ‘Act of god’ caused the damage in question and we don’t cover that etc. Some of these companies are in the 100s of millions of dollars or billions of dollars of profit range and they’re denying claims? IMO, if the damage is determined to be caused by anything other than your own negligence and/or criminal act (ie. willfully setting fire to your own property) you should be covered, period. I make sure to fully peruse the fine print on any insurance coverage I get because if you don’t, you can really get screwed if something catastrophic happens and you failed to read page 7, paragraph 9, sub-para iii, which states blah blah blah etc.

In my particular case, I feel like I’ve never received any value for my money (other than peace of mind) due to the fact that I’ve been paying for home insurance for a looooong time and auto insurance for even longer (decades) and have never submitted a single claim. My rates keep going up though. Awesome clients like me who just keep paying year after year and never submit a claim should be getting better discounts