View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 11:52 PM   #3705
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
My attempts to find any decent airfares around next spring break have been kind of fruitless. When flying 4 people somewhere, is there a point where I should be caring more about hotel and food costs than airfare? I am wondering if my concern over airfare is too much and maybe I should think more about other aspects of the family vacation - so are there places where flying is kind of expensive, but everything else is pretty cheap? Just thinking of random options to getaway between Mar 22-Apr 3.
You'll never get a deal at spring break that compares to other times of year (except Christmas-New Years which will make spring break look cheap). If you're flexible about where you're willing to go, you can find some places are better than others. The best deal I got was an all inclusive in Mexico that I booked only a month or two before travel. I think sales were slow that year. I've tried looking at that place again and it's about double what I paid.

Of the places I've travelled for spring break, I would say Mexico or Cuba is cheapest, Barbados or Grenada is mid-range, and Hawaii is most expensive.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post: