View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 02:13 PM   #28
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
Educate me please:

Why is Jones' phone not already in evidence without a leak, and why would it be excluded from discovery?

If Jones loses, is the leak grounds for appeal or for him to recover his losses by suing the leaker?
I'm no expert, but my understanding is that the issue here is that during discovery Jones explicitly said he didn't have any text messages/info on his phone about Sandy Hook. I believe he has already pretty much been found guilty, partially because he refused/was unable to provide any evidence that could be used in his defense, and this is just to determine damages (that might not be correct).

This is a big deal because now that the prosecution/plaintiff's lawyers has the phone, they have proof that
A) he did in fact have the information that he claimed not to
B) They have him dead to rights on lying about it in the deposition, and again today in court, so now he has committed perjury at least twice

Not good developments for Jones.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the award in this case is in the hundreds of millions of dollars, meaning even with the best grifting, it'll be pretty tough for him to get out from under this one.

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 08-03-2022 at 02:17 PM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post: