View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #534
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post

As for the helmets and gloves and doing a "cage rage", how is that any different from boxing? Again something that has been around for as long as there has been full cages I'm sure. I think that people would be more upset if there was a coach in there and this was all going on.
Let me speak to this please.

In boxing you have weight classes and less peer pressure from a group of teenage boys.

I found out in the summer that my son's team (Bantam) had been cage raging last season. There was a kid that was 6ft 185lbs which I am sure you will agree is man size. My boy isn't small at the time (13 yrs old) he was 5'9", 140lbs, but even with that you are giving up a lot. This big fella was taking all comers and knocking kids about. There were some small 13 yr old on that team that thought they had to fight this kid. My boy got called up to fight him and told me he "did what you told me to dad, I hit him first & hard, then 3 more times, by that point he wasn't interested". Nobody else wanted to cage rage my son.

The point is boxing is controlled in weight classes with people taught how to punch, how to defend punches and in controlled environments. Cage Rage is none of these things and is dangerous.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: