Thread: Ski passes
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #67
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

MC is nice because it's straight forward, and relatively low risk (especially for us w/ 3 close locations). If it's a bad snow year or you get hurt, you're probably still breaking even. The 50% off for extra days is a big appeal, too, as the LL/SSV window rates have crept up.

Making a trip or two down south really helps the bang for buck, but it's pretty damn expensive to stay at Jackson or Alta (SLC maybe not so bad) - the 'free' days don't necessarily feel as cheap if you compare with some stay & ski deals (at admittedly less iconic resorts).

I'm sure Epic and Ikon are both awesome, but more complicated - especially with multiple different levels...I feel like they really commit you to spend a lot more money on trips in order to save money on the ski pass...if you're that keen to ski lots, getting a local seasons pass and travelling to reciprocal discount resorts is probably more flexible and gives better chance to get a really good bang for your buck.

I was disappointed that Norquay raised their power of 4 midweek price - at $99 I would have made more of an effort to get one before prices rose on Halloween. Anyone know if they've ever done a Black Friday sale on their stuff? It's a great little hill if you have some midweek flexibility and just want to get out for a half-day now and then...
powderjunkie is online now   Reply With Quote