View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 02:12 PM   #1117
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Can you provide examples?

The beauty of sports, especially hockey, is there's no one number that tells you everything about the player. It's a tapestry.

My eye test and the numbers agree: Russell bleeds chances against because he's always sliding around.

Johnny allows more shots against as well, but context means you can point to how he's even more effective going the other way, so you live with that.

To can a whole myriad of different objective descriptors a sham suggests to me that you just don't like what they say
I can provide 1 example, the 2014/2015 Calgary Flames and their players. Another example would be the same team this year.

Poor possession stats last year, team found success. Better possession stats this year and here we are, talking about Finns and Matthews.

There are a ton of different types of fans who follow the game. some people cannot just watch a game for the sake of watching it, they need to fill their heads with a stock ticker of stats and percentages to find any use in watching the game. But this isn't baseball or Football. It's not a linear sport of limited moves per play.