View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #1115
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Is it stupid to not be a fan of advanced data? All it does is create further avenues in debate with others. And I might be more inclined to follow advanced stats more if they actually had any credibility in the game itself. Right now to me all advanced stats are, are for people to use in debate and argument when reality outside of those numbers paints a very different picture.

It's been consistent since day #1. Oh this players Corsi says this, he won't find success, player finds great success going against corsi... It's a sham, smoke and mirrors for the debate class.
Can you provide examples?

The beauty of sports, especially hockey, is there's no one number that tells you everything about the player. It's a tapestry.

My eye test and the numbers agree: Russell bleeds chances against because he's always sliding around.

Johnny allows more shots against as well, but context means you can point to how he's even more effective going the other way, so you live with that.

To can a whole myriad of different objective descriptors a sham suggests to me that you just don't like what they say
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: