View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 01:59 PM   #1107
MoreDrank
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
How many times has Bouma been a healthy scratch this season? By my count, he's missed 34 due to injury and 1 for disciplinary reasons. He's played in 23 games. That adds up to 58 games, and the Flames have played 59, so he's been a healthy scratch once this season.

Jooris has played 40 and missed 1 for undisclosed reasons. That means he's been a healthy scratch 18 times.
I was talking about how time he's missed with injury this season, which has been significant. Which makes sense for a guy that plays like a viking going down with the ship. I like Bouma a lot.

But his contract is not great value for games played because he's been sidelined so often and when he is playing to his strengths, you can reasonably expect he's going to get injured.

Having Bouma on a not-so-great contract is fine as long as there are guys that can play well for cheap. Jooris is an effective role player that the Flames can hold onto cheap. You know what your going to get. Same story with Byron.

As pointed out many times in this thread, there are some bad value contracts in the bottom six ranks, which makes holding on to decent players more important.