Old 01-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #278
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Red View Post
Thanks!

I'm an Event Planner.
I know little about your industry or the types of companies that would hire someone in your position. However, it would seem to me that this isn't your run of the mill sales or customer service position. What are the skills that make someone (you) a good or great event planner? Detailed organization skills? Operations management? A flair for the dramatic? Creativity? If you can show off those skills during the interview, I think that holds more water than saying "yes, I'm organized and have creative skills". Do you have a polished portfolio of past events you've done that you can bring with you to the interview? Or a particular experience that you can draw from during the interview process?

Thinking outside the box, is there something you can do in advance to show initiative? i.e. look at an annual event they've done previously and show/explain what you like about it and what you'd do to make it better?

Just some random thoughts... good luck!

Edit: one other thought — I’m guessing given the current economy there might be a shift to “doing more with less”. That might be something worth emphasizing if you think it fits with the organization you’re applying for...

Last edited by tvp2003; 01-11-2019 at 07:27 PM.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote