View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #29
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
It might also mean that TD needs to set realistic targets, targets that aren't so high as to cause their employees to feel they need to take these steps to meet target and thereby keep their jobs.

There is probably blame on each side of this story.
Ok, but I'm wonder how valid that is, we're hearing some employees talk about it, but what is the percentage of people that hit those targets without cheating.

Maybe where TD is failing is that they're hiring too high of a percentage of people that aren't the right fit for the job, in which case their hiring practices and onboarding needs to be looked at.

But that's not an ethical issue.

I know that at every organization I've been in that's sales intensive you would have people whining about the impossibility of their sales targets. But sales targets are supposed to stretch a person not be something that's easy to get to.

Are the people bad that are cheating and feeling the pressure bad employees? Well they are if they're cheating and doing unethical things. But they could also just be a bad fit for the environment and we don't know if they're a majority or minority.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote