View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #12
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ithink you are a little out of touch. Most people in life are happy with "good enough". If you have an 80" screen at home with a sound bar and sub, that's good enough. I have a 96" screen and 5.1 sound, and I honestly don't care that a theatre is a little better than my setup. They usually have the volume to loud anyway.

I don't find the rest of the "experience" to be a net positive at all. Lines, no pausing for bathroom or snack breaks, bombardments of commercials, the other patrons with phones, talking, kicking seats, eating popcorn out of their hats, no booze, expensive, mystery seat goo...ugh, it's just so aweful. I'd much rather be at home.
Ditto. My home theater setup isnt even all that great but I'll take it over a theater pretty much any day.

I dont mind going to the theaters with the nice chairs, assigned seating, etc. but so much of it is an annoyance that the benefits rapidly get drowned out.

Anyways, I'm likely not their target demographic so losing my measly few bucks a year isnt going to change anything.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote