Thread: Rule changes!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 10:47 AM   #136
dsavillian
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
I think rewarding improvement over continued domination is going to help some of the lower level teams where there is a huge payroll gap. I’ve seen teams with $89, $90, $100M payrolls. I have $60M. A $40M gap is far too excessive to have in this league. It makes it next to impossible for a team like the Sharks to get ahead when already prosperous teams just keep getting richer and in UFA could outbid me with pocket change. If you want to attract new GM’s to take over some of the poorer teams, the league needed to start showing that there would be a way to improve the team while not being trampled by others. I’m glad some of you have spent years on your team, but that doesn’t give you the right to pretty much squash new GM’s due to it. It needs to be as fair as possible to both sides. One side having $100M because they have a great team and just keep winning awards and another having $60M and slowly improving the team but not getting anything for it isn’t it. I really think rewarding improvement over just being the best is a great way to keep the balance. Even the best teams can still get better and at 100,000 a point, it's still a good amount of money.

Just a quick comment on the salary gap.

A lot of the gap you see this year comes from cheese getting sent back and forth.

Realistically, the gap at the start of the season was probably closer to 15M between the ducks and the lowest team. Everyone starts with 75M at the start of the season (I think?) and the ducks won what, 13M, with a few extra M coming from trades and POTW awards