View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:37 AM   #57
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
Well, that little statement says a whole hell of a lot more about you than it does about any American, myself included. Any, being the key word in your statement....clearly indicates you weren't generalizing and actually believe what you stated at face value.

I don't understand what kind of environment it takes for someone to have such a narrow view. I feel sorry for you.
Yes obviously I was generalizing. Do you think I think every single American’s only thing they care about is money? Let’s just relax and if I offended you I’m sorry. Also if it makes you feel any better Canadian culture and society is actually very similar. When you have a fully capitalist system and have the kind of institutionalized issues with wealth sharing and retaining a middle class, I dunno how you really get your back up. Do the majority of Americans demand change? No, not really.

So really my statement was maybe poorly worded because I didn’t think anybody would actually interpret what I said in such a bizarre way but I’m not sure I’m wrong on the overall sentiment. Again sorry I offended you.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote