View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #25
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
No it can't, you aren't supposed to put Styrofoam/foam based food or shipping packaging, cups etc in the blue bins. For us this takes up a huge portion of the black bin as nearly everything you buy fresh comes in these and cannot be recycled.

Not too mention there is also typically something significant that is metal, wood, aerosol that has to be thrown out a few times a month that ends up taking up space.
Fair enough - still, a significant portion of household plastic can be recycled. Ultimately,all plastic is recyclable, is it not? We should be expanding our recycling programs to prevent as much plastic entering the landfill as possible.

Disclaimer: I saw the Plastic Ocean a few weeks ago at the Marda Loop Justice Film festival and it has been ####ing with my head.

Regarding garbage, we've been doing renovations all year and it seems like half the garbage is always project related crap. But my eyes are really opening to how much of the stuff we throw in our garbage cans is not actually garbage.

Last edited by GreenLantern2814; 12-01-2017 at 01:39 PM.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote