View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #31
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yeah, he's supposed to be on hard food before I get him home, but I don't actually know what kind would be good to get.

That's mainly my thing - I know I need a litter box, but which one is good and reduces smell the most? I know I need a cat bed, but what ones are most durable? He's going to be pretty furry - what's the best grooming brush? I know I need a cat carrier, but which will be big enough for a reasonably sizeable cat (his dad is an absolute monster) and still airplane-friendly in case I'm going somewhere for a while and want to bring him?

It's that sort of thing. Figure there's probably some experience in this thread.

When I had cats we used fairly large covered litter boxes with non scented clumping litter. We had cat beds but they never used them but I don't think you can go wrong with what is offered at any pet store like Bosley's or Pet Smart. For scratch posts they purr-fur'd ones made with loose pile, non-berber styled carpet. The berber or rope ones we had were never used. Litter should be changed pretty often and clumping is nice because urine turns into clay balls that are easy to remove. For a carrier it's probably safe to size one based on the dad's size. No harm in going bigger.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post: