Thread: e-cigs
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #56
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

In all fiarness to ernie, there is a concern with juices which were found to contain flavorings that had the chemicals diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, and acetoin in them (at low concentrations). These are generally associated with buttery/creamy flavours and have been proven to be horrible for your lungs at high doses and over long exposure times.
However, there are many juice vendors that have worked to stop using flavours containing these chemicals -- which is why you should only use reputable vendors (and is why I transitioned from chinese made ecigs to using local juices). Further, all are contained in cigarettes and at higher doses (though there are questions if vaper deposits chemicals differently than smoke).

The net sum of this right now for me?
- Use reputable juice vendors. Ask them about the chemicals.
- Like cigs, try not to chain-smoke/vape all day. Vaping broke some of the spell of cigs with me where I now can hold off until I get home, whereas before I would just say eff-it and buy a pack downstairs.
- Switch flavours regularly. Like anything else, it is good to switch it around to prevent constant exposure from the same ingredients.
- This is a new technology and we are the guinea pigs, but as any switcher will tell you, the health effects are immediately noticeable, and there are over 1.5 MM ecig users per day with negligible if any complaints. This is about harm reduction, not prevention.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote