View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #1933
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lchoy View Post
Quick question

What is the difference between Business Class and First Class for Air Canada?
We are using our Aeroplan points for a trip to Hawaii. With Business class, it starts at 120000 points. With first class, it's 160000 points. Not sure if it's worth going from Business Class to First Class. Thoughts?
It usually comes down to better food and more space/comfort. Sometimes more attention per passenger.

I think you get the pod seats in Business, so not sure if there's a big difference there.

Personally I think both Business & First are a huge ripoff for what you get for the money (whether it's in point form or not). Can't imagine it unless it was on someone else's dime, or I was so ludicrously rich that money had no value to me.

Assuming an Aeroplan point is worth about 1.6 cents per mile ...

http://thoughtsfrommylife.com/articl...Comparing_Them

40,000 points = $640 for slightly better food and a little more comfort.

Can think of some pretty nice restaurants a couple could eat at for $640. Or pay for a nicer room in Hawaii (and it will last the whole week). Hell, that's another flight to Hawaii.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 06-23-2011 at 05:12 PM.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post: