View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #21
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
if there's one thing I've learned from Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, JJ Abrams, and movie news articles, it's that I don't like TLJ because I'm a racist misogynist entitled nerd fanboy. this is good information to know.
I dont know, I think there are certainly valid reasons to dislike the current crop of Star Wars without descending into the Racist, Misogynist Nerd category.

They really are laying that on kind of thick.

That being said however, there are people within that demographic who have effectively been harassing the cast for their various perceived reasons.

Whether they dont like a black character, or female leads or an Asian sidekick (which, lets be fair, it doesnt matter what ethnicity or gender Rose is she didnt need to be in that movie period) and again that vocal minority are the ones being heard.

Its similar to being unable to say that you didnt like Wonder Woman because other than a great performance from Gal Gadot it was fairly vacuous and superficial, but oh no! You just didnt like it because you're a misogynist.

This is what society has come to. You cant have a genuine opinion or reason for disliking something without someone being able to twist that to their own ends.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote