View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I'm reaching a milestone birthday late this year and to mark the occasion I'm thinking of asking a few people to join me for a long-weekend backpack trip. I'm thinking of doing either the Berg Lake or Skyline trails (both near Jasper) next spring/summer. Ideas are welcomed....
Berg Lake is the best hike in Canada. I would do it. Make sure you go late enough to do Snowbird pass by Mid July it should be passable. It has everything, rivers, lakes, waterfalls, glacier, above treeline hiking, lush forest, imposing mountains, signiture peaks, great off trail opportunities.

The guys who write Dont Waste your time in the Canadian Rockies rank it as the second best hike in the world and I haven't seen anything to disagree with that statement. Other hikes are good to and each have there own unique things that are impressive but Berg Lake is the best.

The only draw back of Berg lake (or really any popular National park Hike) is crowds. You don't get the solitude of wondering above the treeline in a random alpine meadow that you get when you go off trail.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: