View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:43 AM   #1255
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
But in an email posted on the Canadian Baseball Network website after the Reds lost 5-3 to the San Francisco Giants Tuesday night, Votto said he is "terribly ashamed" of his comments and called them "ridiculously selfish and short-sighted."

Votto added: "I am saddened that I was so flagrant with my remarks and more importantly that I offended so many people that mean so much to me."
Quote:
In his apology, Votto said being asked about baseball in Canada, the Blue Jays and the Paxton no-hitter recalled his resentment for not making Team Canada or being drafted by the Blue Jays out of high school and not being picked for the Olympic team while in the minors.

"Clearly my reply came out of a side of jealousy for a Canadian baseball athlete being celebrated in the city of Toronto. It was an odd reply and one I am terribly ashamed of," he wrote.

"I go back to Toronto each off-season and feel renewed every time I cross the border to my home and native land. I would not be where I am now without the efforts of so many Canadian baseball people and the fans of Canadian baseball.

"To James Paxton, the Blue Jays, the Toronto fans, the women and men all across Canada that work so hard to promote and support Canadian baseball, I am sorry for my selfish comments and I humbly ask for your forgiveness."
http://www.tsn.ca/1.1086441.1526470295
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote