Thread: Guild Wars 2
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
SaskaBushFire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hrmm this is the first I have heard of GW2.. interesting.

I played DAoC from beta till just a few years ago on and off, great game, lots of fun. The 8v8 fighting that developed out of DAOC's complementary class system is ranked up there with the old days of Sonoma in my memories of great gaming experiences.

One thing that is ranked up there with blessed vanq runic weapons and the implementation of trammel for worst memories in an online game is tri realm balance issues. Mythic had a horrible time trying to keep three realms balanced in PvP. Theurgists went unnerfed for a damn decade. One class could completely unbalance a fight, what the hell man! But I have faith in the fact that these are two entirely different companies, but I am still weary of anyone trying to tackle that three team beast. I like it, just balance issues are the first thing that comes to mind.

I will have to start paying attention to this game though and I thank you for that.

Edit: Let me put that foot in my mouth.. yup there we go. I didn't realize it was server vs. server, I was assuming three separate factions. Well there goes the balance issues... I guess they decided the WOW route was much easier.

Last edited by SaskaBushFire; 04-25-2012 at 09:39 PM.
SaskaBushFire is offline   Reply With Quote