Thread: Auto insurance
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #38
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
So the other insurance company won't cooperate and that makes Wawanesa terrible? It sounds like some major details are missing in this review.

If you don't think they are doing their best to protect you file a complaint with the Ombudsman. https://www.alberta.ca/insurance-con...omplaints.aspx
No, Wawanesa is terrible because it takes 5-10 attempts to reach my rep to find out what's going on with my file 6 months later. Many emails and phone calls go unreturned. They completely ghost their own customers. I understand there can be a lack of progress in insurance claims, but the completely absent customer service is unacceptable.

My previous collision ended over a year later with Wawanesa informing they'd given up trying to collect, after my file bounced around between 4 different adjusters who never informed me it was being transferred or who I was now dealing with. Zero communication.

They have a 1.7/5 review average on Google, and they're essentially all the same: "My Wawanesa adjuster/representative will not return my calls. When they finally did they were unbelievably rude."

1.9/5 on insureye.com, 1.9/5 on consumeraffairs, 2/5 on Yelp. They are not a good company to deal with. They're fine if you never need any actual insurance help and just want a low price though.

Last edited by AC; 07-19-2019 at 05:01 PM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote