View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 10:43 PM   #308
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Who cares though? Why would anyone even want an SEC championship rematch in a semi?

Bama, Michigan, Georgia, Cincy seems fine. So does Michigan, Bama, Cincy, Georgia.

Basically no one likes rematches, so I’m curious why you guys would want that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
The question the Comittee will have to ask themselves is what’s worse, a rematch in the semis or a potential rematch in the Championship game. An all SEC championship final is not ideal for ratings or nationwide interest (ie $$$). Match them up in the semi and it’s guaranteed one of the teams in the final is from elsewhere. Keep them separate and there’s a chance that still works out but also a chance they both win.
Well, its not a question of what I want or don't want.

I think the question was whether Bama should jump Michigan who was #2 at the time before the championship games and rated ahead of Bama. Bama had a better win but also a worse loss than Michigan did.

At the end of the day, I don't really care...I think that it was fait accompli that Bama would get the #1 seed as the SEC champs and the committee wasn't going to have an SEC rematch in the semis...

The good thing about the playoffs is that everything wil be determined on the field anyways
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote