View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 01:48 PM   #23
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Nissan is the same (obviously). Like, a guy posted on Reddit a day or two ago about a 2018 370Z he bought, and all the posts in reply had a vibe like people felt bad for him. I actually did/do feel bad for him. Like, there are so many cars so far superior to that (Mustang is an obvious one) that I don't understand why he would buy it. I do like the exterior styling of 370Zs, but when the power, handling, economy, maintenance, technology, infotainment, etc. is a decade old, I don't get how they could sell a single one.
I'm a huge Z car guy and a former owner of a 280z and a 370z, and the fact is that the Z car range, at its heart, is not about technology and sure as hell isn't about competing with cars like a Mustang. It should be about a particular driving experience that hearkens back to the S30 cars. The 370z did a much better job of replicating that experience than the 350z, while blending it with some of the more touring-oriented Z cars that were built in the 80's and 90's.

That being said, it's definitely time for a new model, and has been for probably the past three years or so. Until they're ready to do that, what Nissan should have done was add a turbo and a decent tune, and otherwise strip the car down so that it put out 400+ and weighed less than it does - effectively just sell a turbocharged NISMO-style model, and that's it.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: