View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
The Wheat Kings have frequently played games Winnipeg because of conflicts.
That would suck. At least Winnipeg isn't their heated rivals building. I can't see the 'Canes going to play their home games in their rival's building, especially when their rival could potentially be playing at the same time... maybe even against the Hurricanes! I can't believe it was suggested to go to Medicine Hat. The other options are local arenas, of which the largest one is 700 seats which is about 4300 seats less than the Enmax.

What is troubling is they spent a lot of money on a new rec center that has twin sheets of ice for hockey that has limited seating, and a new curling rink. The new curling rink, we were told, is going to attract large events like Scotties or the Brier. The problem is that it isn't large enough to host those events!

It is one thing to go on a long road trip in the regular season because the Scotties is in town. It is horrible to have to find somewhere else to play home games for the playoffs. Doesn't matter which team is in that situation, it shouldn't happen.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote