View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 09:50 PM   #28
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
We don’t really care about that though for anything else we purchase so why care about cobalt. This type of problem is also relatively easy to solve with regulation when people choose to care. Also price and demand increase will drive exploration for materials.

Lithium for example can be found in brackish water in Alberta.
Yeah but last I recall it had dicey economics. It was rich in concentration in Devonian aged plays like Keg River, Leduc, etc. but when we looked at it the econs to capitalize all the water processing / lithium facilities wasn’t really going to justify the Lithium. But that was awhile ago, things could have changed. It also massively depended on where you were, only a couple spots with rich enough concentrations. It’s not going to be some kind of future economic boon for Alberta.

With a huge amount of cobalt coming from basically one spot on earth I don’t think that’s great and seems concerning as I’m sure people are looking for it… Canada likely wouldn’t let you do it though, because this place is a joke and getting a mining permit would take 40 years. Maybe our fumbling over ourselves will look like geopolitical strategic genius in the future though when the rest of the world has used up all their resources and we still have ours. I know that’s the. China strategy that’s for sure.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 07-11-2021 at 09:58 PM.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote